Latest Sickbeard/Mylar update wipes all config info

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcevan

Patron
This AM I got updates for Mylar, Couchpotato, and Sickbeard.

The update process was smooth for all 3.

Couchpotato: Got back in and all my movies were there.
Mylar: complained of out of date version, and before and after update all comics were not present
Sickbeard: All TV shows not present

So just a light warning: you'll have to re-add all your content from datasets to Sick and Mylar like you did before (adding existing content).

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry, I thought I migrated the old data-directory correctly but in my testing today I realized how it would be difficult because of the way the PBI update process works. It deletes directories that were removed when comparing the two PBIs, even if directory has files in it.

If you are updating SB/HP/Mylar/Maraschino/XDM/HTPC-Manager you should run the below before the upgrade.
Code:
mv /usr/pbi/PLUGIN-amd64/etc/PLUGIN /var/db/PLUGIN

Future updates won't delete data again because I now store data-directories somewhere outside the PBI path.

For CP, I moved this directory in a previous update so it isn't an issue.

Last edited:

GaiusBaltar

Explorer
sorry, I thought I migrated the old data-directory correctly but in my testing today I realized how it would be difficult because of the way the PBI update process works. it deletes directories that were removed from the previous PBI, even if directory has files in it.

if you are updating SB/HP/Mylar/Maraschino/XDM/HTPC-Manager you should run the below before the upgrade.
Code:
mv /usr/pbi/plugin-amd64/etc/plugin /var/db/plugin

For CP, I moved this directory in a previous update so it isn't an issue.
updates will never delete data again because I now store data-directories somewhere outside the pbi path.

worked like a charm for me when upgrading sickbeard just now.
thanks!

marcevan

Patron
Hey not a problem....was meant to just let people know and I doubt it would trouble too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.