Creating New Jail Crashes another Jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
I have been having problems installing jails that crashed other jails, unfortunately I do not have logs for all instances.

However here is what has been happening, and what I have done, to my system:

Sickbeard could not read some of my TV shows and told me to delete the nfo, which was not there in the first place, another forum suggested: stop Sickbeard, delete the Sickbeard.db database and restart Sickbeard.

This I Did then the Sickbeard plug-in would not restart. So I rebooted my FreeNAS (9.3) and when it came back up all the plug-ins had stopped and would not restart.

So I deleted all plug-ins Cleaned the Datasets and jails out and restarted it all again this time without Couchpotato as I did not want to re-do that until I had my Jails stable. I also had a separate jail for MYSQL

So got back to the stage where it was all running again with Transmission, Sickbeard and Sabnzbd, then again Sickbeard didn’t like some shows so I tried again and the same happened but the other Plugins fell over at the same time (without the reboot).

Deleted everything, apart from my Media libraries and documents, again with slightly different names for my Datasets. And started with MySQL first – so my Android XBMC Boxes could Share the same database.

Did it all again but this time started first with a MYSQL jail, from Here I could not add Jails, it kept bombing out the jails. Tried Sabnzbd and SickRage (after some sites sated this may be better than Sickbeard) all to no Avail, no Jails would load.

I have now deleted all Previous Datasets Jails and jail storage and start again with a new Dataset name to hopefully ensure there is nothing left from previous.

Now I always keep the same IP addresses (and MAC Addresses) for Each:

MySQL 192.168.1.20:3306
SABnzbd 192.168.1.22:9090
Sickrage (was Sickbeard) 192.168.1.23:8081
Transmission 192.168.1.24:9091
Couchpotato 192.168.1.25:5050

This is set both in the Jails and on My Netgear Router, in fact all my Networked equipment has fixed addresses and only those addresses allowed.

So first off my New Jail Dataset is Jail-Master

Set Configuration Jail Root to: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Jail-master

Ipv4 network: 192.168.1.0/24

Ipv4 network Strat Address: 192.168.1.20

Ipv4 network Strat Address: 192.168.1.30

Collection URL: http://download.freenas.org/jails/9.3/x64

Used plugins to install Sabnzbd – Ok set the Jail to 192.168.1.22 and also set the Mac Address to match the previous MAC used –so I don’t need to modify my router.

Used plugins to install Transmission – Ok set the Jail to 192.168.1.24 and also set the Mac Address to match the previous MAC used .

Used plugins to install SickRage – Ok set the Jail to 192.168.1.23 and also set the Mac Address to match the previous MAC used .

Set up Transmission first as it required Folders setting before running

Watch Directory Source: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/Torrents

Watch Directory Destination: /media/Torrents

Download Directory Source: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/Downloads/Complete

Download Directory Destination: /media/Complete

Setup SickRage

TV Show Root Directories Source: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/TV_Shows
TV Show Root Directories Destination: /media/TV_Shows
Backup Source: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/Backup
Backup Destination: /media/Backup
Subtitles Source: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/Subtitles
Subtitles Destination: /media/Subtitles
Setup Sabnzbd
Completed Downloads Source: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/Downloads/Complete
Completed Downloads Destination: /media/Complete
NZB’s Source: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/Downloads/Nzb'z
NZB’s Destination: /media/Nzb's
Scripts Source: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media/scripts
Scripts Destination: /media/Scripts

SickRage Gave errors that to me suggested it could not write to the storage locations so I Set all Permissions in Media to 777 and also tried that with the jails.

I also checked the updates section to see if the updates sorted this. Updated to the latest version yesterday (December 17th 2014).

Noticed there was also a Verify install button of which I then tried with the results that many files had the wrong permissions, I then changed these permissions to what was expected.

I also set all permissions through Windows.

SickRage then worked fine.

Sabnzbd Was working Ok to I didn’t Try to download any Torrent but Transmission appeared ok.

Add MySQL.

Create a Jail

I tried this however due to the Jail creation Failed due to I believe a network error, I tried again. MySQL Jail is now installed however Sabnzbd is now stopped and will not re-start, I cannot get the web page up either.

I tried Warden start Sabnzbd_1 with the reply stating jail already running.

Attached I Have word documents with what is displayed when I click the Sabnzbd plugin in the main GUI (not the plugins Tab) and also the shell Data.

Have I found A bug, or is there something I can do in the Sabnzbd jail.

The json file seems to be having trouble:

http://192.168.1.2/plugins/sabnzbd/1/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded

And the epair I noticed also seems to have troubles:

@Dec 17 09:34:25 freenas kernel: ng_ether_ifnet_arrival_event: can't re-name node epair0b@

Other settings

CIFS Shares:

Path: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Documents
Name: Documents
Path: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Jail-master
Name: Jails
Path: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Media
Name: Media
Path: /mnt/Nas_Volume/Pictures
Name: Photo's

Attachments

• 17-12-14 shell.txt
    39.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 18-12-14 shell.txt
    5 KB · Views: 302
  • clickSAb.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 347
D

dlavigne

That's an awful lot of "out of swap space errors". How much RAM in this system and what is the remaining capacity of the ZFS pool?

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Hi I have 16gb of ram and 3.3tb remaining.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You sure you don't have bad RAM or RAM errors? As you've chosen to go with non-ECC RAM, corrupted code in RAM can cause programs to start using massive amounts of RAM (which would result in swap being used). As a course of using FreeNAS if you are using lots of swap either there's a bug in FreeNAS, you've setup configuration settings that aren't "good" for FreeNAS/ZFS, or you've got some kind of hardware failure resulting in FreeNAS misbehaving. In any case, you have a problem that needs to be resolved.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
I only seem to have roles with Jails, I don't get other data problems. I've never been able to get my jail sytems to be stable. If one gets a fault the others seem to follow suit.
Is there a test for problematic ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.