Kernel panic importing a pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAMOZIN

Cadet
Created a RAID array of 4 disks on a FreeNAS. After some time it stopped working. I removed it and in the process of trying to reimport this error appears (see the picture). Please help.

P.S.: I'm afraid to lose a lot of data
photo_2018-03-04_14-17-26.jpg

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

You'll need to provide a lot more information:
What version of FreeNAS?
What type of RAIDZ?
What command did you use to remove the arrary?
What command did you use to try to reimport?

KAMOZIN

Cadet
You'll need to provide a lot more information:
1. What version of FreeNAS?
2. What type of RAIDZ?
3. What command did you use to remove the arrary?
4. What command did you use to try to reimport?

1. latest version
2. RAID 10
3. web interface
4. web interface

wblock

Documentation Engineer
1. latest version
Please give the number and revision. This is fairly important and sometimes misunderstood, like people thinking version 9.3 is newer than 9.10.

Also, there is no RAIDZ10. This corresponds roughly to a stripe of mirrors, but it would be nice to know exactly how those drives are arranged.

KAMOZIN

Cadet
Please give the number and revision. This is fairly important and sometimes misunderstood, like people thinking version 9.3 is newer than 9.10.

Also, there is no RAIDZ10. This corresponds roughly to a stripe of mirrors, but it would be nice to know exactly how those drives are arranged.
I also thought there was a bug irrespective of the version, and was waiting for a month for it being fixed! But it was not! I turned off hard disk Refreshed the system, but the mirrors could not be fixed.

KAMOZIN

Cadet
SOS! And without importing a pool, how can I get data from hard disks?

danb35

Hall of Famer
have tried everything mentioned in the link, but nothing helps.
Why don't you start by answering the questions that have already been asked, then share the specifics of your hardware as the forum rules require, then explain exactly what you've tried, and what exactly happened when you did.
without importing a pool, how can I get data from hard disks?
You can't.

KAMOZIN

Cadet
Even the video was shot for you, Please Help. On the hard disks are documents and the photos of my family! :(

wblock

Documentation Engineer

danb35

Hall of Famer
Maybe it's just me getting grouchy in my old age, but a user who can't answer simple questions simply gets added to my ignore list (which works very well) in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.