SOLVED Kernel Mismatch in 11.1U6...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
Hey all,

I've been slowly migrating my Warden jails over to IOCages and so far things have been going pretty well until today. I was working on my NZBHydra IOCage and installed Vim recently and was met with this error:
Code:
Shared object "libdl.so.1" not found, required by "vim"

I did a little digging and it seems that library is deprecated now to the latest kernel...which might explain why I'm also getting this error when trying to do an install for pkg:
Code:
Newer FreeBSD version for package pkg:
To ignore this error set IGNORE_OSVERSION=yes
- package: 1102000
- running kernel: 1101001

I can't upgrade my OS to 11.2BETA3 because there's a problem with pre|init when I'm trying to run a command to unhide "tun" devices (which apparently works fine in the version I'm on now, and Beta2...which I don't know how to install). This essentially makes my iocages unreachable and thus useless.

I should note that I've been working with the iocages entirely over CLI instead of the GUI.

So now, I have no idea what to do now other than waiting for...what...a 11.2-RELEASE? This honestly was working yesterday so I'm not sure what changed...

Last edited:

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
Really? Nothing on this? I honestly have no way of installing important packages on U6 anymore. I'd rather not use jails as I'm just going to have to redo them anyway. Is there a way to get around this?

Again, the big issue is that after I install pkg on a new iocage, I now get a Kernel mismatch error (above). I can hit yes, but certain pkg's such as wget and vim return the libd1.so1 error and I'm unable to run them.

Help please.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You are stuck until 11.2 is released. It's not pleasant as discussed in another thread, but other than wait or run beta software there isn't much you can do.

Last edited:

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
Wow bummer...I saw an update was pushed for BETA3 so I'll give it a shot to see if I can get things working...

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
Status
Not open for further replies.