RjpoE

https://imgur.com/q3CErkR

Specs:

Intel Celeron G3920
WD Blue 3tb x 4
4gb ddr4 ram x 2
Running on Sandisk Ultra Fit 16gb

Run a basic set up with Time Machine, Plex, Resilio Sync and Transmission

Got this message today. Everything was working fine. Where do I even start?

I found this:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/panic.30163/

but it does not clarify what resolved the issue, reinstalling freenas on the USB or upgrading the ram.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Typically that means the boot device died, so reinstalling on a new stick should resolve it. It never hurts to add more RAM while you're at it :smile:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
but it does not clarify what resolved the issue, reinstalling freenas on the USB or upgrading the ram.
Do you have a backup of the config db?

Draviliant

Cadet
Typically that means the boot device died, so reinstalling on a new stick should resolve it. It never hurts to add more RAM while you're at it :)
I've actually tried reinstalling on the same USB stick, and it will run again; but once I reimport the ZFS array, it fails. The logs show that the system had unauthorized reboots several times. I think perhaps the power going to the server wasn't as reliable as I thought. I have since bought a UPS, but with my luck, the UPS was DOA. I have warrantied it back to the company and am awaiting the new UPS.

My new question is how do I reimport the ZFS array without it failing?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It is, but it is almost a month ago and it was from the U2 revision.
If you didn't change anything since then, it would be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Draviliant

Cadet
It is, but it is almost a month ago and it was from the U2 revision.
If you didn't change anything since then, it would be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I haven't changed anything since then. I'm still waiting for my Sinewave UPS to arrive so I can run my server safely from it. Hopefully, this will eliminate future problems. That being said, import of my existing ZFS array causes the kernel panic. I have not yet tried a new USB key, but reinstalls on that USB key appear to work up until I reimport my ZFS array. Is there a way to repair my ZFS array so that it loads up? I'd like to be able to save all the data on there if at all possible.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.