Just bought this beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Wizard
Seems like I caught the e-bay disease too...
The UPS guy will probably not like the "4th floor no elevator" deal x)

Dice

Wizard
You happen to live with a guy named Sheldon? :)
I asked a buddy what was going on with this 'Sheldon reference' (It is kind of a common theme of joking around that I don't pick up on some "pop / comedy culture references" .....that I suspected this could be)

My buddy said "that's probably from Big Bang Theory.. ehrm.. there is a Sheldon there. I don't watch it enough to figure out why this is funny though." Oh! first clue!

So, I turned to google. Maybe something with UPS?
Then I found myself finding references to episode transcripts where anything -UPS was mentioned.. "grown-ups" "sit-ups" etc.. super many examples.... >.<

Until I finally found that Sheldon had encounterd an UPS-guy and for some reason got hit by a box in his head........ ?
Even though I'm used to either not getting <referential jokes> from stuff I don't watch, this ...was a bit further off than anticipated. Or was it? Never know what to expect x)

So I continued my quest to find this awesome list of to : http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/Running_Gags

Here I found a boatload of descriptions of this guy Sheldon that.. rings well too true regarding the neighbors on ..the 4th floor :p ...but nothing really relating to UPS, packages, deliveries or anything I could figure out being relevant,...

Oh well, I asked a second buddy to perhaps shed some additional light on this mystery:
"Ah, that has to be from Big Bang Theory - that Sheldon lives on the 4th floor, where the elevator never works"

.....damn culture references, I hate you x)

Cheers /

Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I asked a buddy what was going on with this 'Sheldon reference' (It is kind of a common theme of joking around that I don't pick up on some "pop / comedy culture references" .....that I suspected this could be)

My buddy said "that's probably from Big Bang Theory.. ehrm.. there is a Sheldon there. I don't watch it enough to figure out why this is funny though." Oh! first clue!

So, I turned to google. Maybe something with UPS?
Then I found myself finding references to episode transcripts where anything -UPS was mentioned.. "grown-ups" "sit-ups" etc.. super many examples.... >.<

Until I finally found that Sheldon had encounterd an UPS-guy and for some reason got hit by a box in his head........ ?
Even though I'm used to either not getting <referential jokes> from stuff I don't watch, this ...was a bit further off than anticipated. Or was it? Never know what to expect x)

So I continued my quest to find this awesome list of to : http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/Running_Gags

Here I found a boatload of descriptions of this guy Sheldon that.. rings well too true regarding the neighbors on ..the 4th floor :p ...but nothing really relating to UPS, packages, deliveries or anything I could figure out being relevant,...

Oh well, I asked a second buddy to perhaps shed some additional light on this mystery:
"Ah, that has to be from Big Bang Theory - that Sheldon lives on the 4th floor, where the elevator never works"

.....damn culture references, I hate you x)

Cheers / Dice
To be fair, the show is mostly about making fun of nerd stereotypes. Not a big fan because I have a feeling it's more 'laughing at' rather than 'laughing with'.

gpsguy

Yeah - we gotta watch it every week.

Using information from the show, one could a learn a bit about my upbringing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgreco

Resident Grinch
To be fair, the show is mostly about making fun of nerd stereotypes. Not a big fan because I have a feeling it's more 'laughing at' rather than 'laughing with'.

Well, as with any sitcom, it wouldn't be funny if there wasn't some combination of the absurd and the outrageous, but you also have to create shows where the characters are likable without being overdone.

Yeah - we gotta watch it every week.

Using information from the show, one could a learn a bit about my upbringing.

Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.