Jailplugin installing

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dlavigne

Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

kjp4756

Contributor

kjp4756

Contributor
You may have to manually rename your .warden-template-pluginjail dataset. I had to do that.

Do a zfs list from a shell. If you see .warden-template-pluginjail with some version numbers on it then it needs to be renamed. It should be just ".warden-template-pluginjail"

Rename it by doing:

zfs rename oldname newname

EX: zfs rename storage/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail9.2-blahblahblah-X64 storage/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail

Then reset the mountpoint (mine got destroyed)

zfs inherit mountpoint storage/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail

mullcom

Explorer
You may have to manually rename your .warden-template-pluginjail dataset. I had to do that.

Do a zfs list from a shell. If you see .warden-template-pluginjail with some version numbers on it then it needs to be renamed. It should be just ".warden-template-pluginjail"

Rename it by doing:

zfs rename oldname newname

EX: zfs rename storage/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail9.2-blahblahblah-X64 storage/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail

Then reset the mountpoint (mine got destroyed)

zfs inherit mountpoint storage/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail

Hi..
ok i going to check more deep on this then..

i found out this....
---[1]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
./ ../ .warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64/
[zzz@xxx] /mnt/mnt/raid-z1/jails%

----[2]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
./ ../ .plugins/ .warden-files-cache/
[zzz@xxx] /mnt/raid-z1/jail%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the first one should not be there anymore?

kjp4756

Contributor
Right, the first one should be renamed. You can also delete it with as well and it'll re-create when it redownloads the template.

mullcom

Explorer
Right, the first one should be renamed. You can also delete it with as well and it'll re-create when it redownloads the template.

to have 2 pc mnt folder is correct?

[zzz@xxx] /mnt/mnt/raid-z1/jails% zfs rename .warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64 .warden-template-pluginjail
cannot open '.warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64': dataset does not exist

kjp4756

Contributor
How did you get 2 mnt folders? That shouldn't be. Post the output of zfs list Your zfs rename is wrong too. You also need to specify the pool name. IE. 'zfs rename pool/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64' pool/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail'

mullcom

Explorer
[zzz@xxx] /mnt/mnt/raid-z1/jails% rm -rf .warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64
rm: .warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64: Permission denied
[zzz@xxx] /mnt/mnt/raid-z1/jails% sudo rm -rf .warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64
Password:
Sorry, user zzz is not allowed to execute '/bin/rm -rf .warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64' as root on freenas.workgroup.

mullcom

Explorer
How did you get 2 mnt folders? That shouldn't be. Post the output of zfs list Your zfs rename is wrong too. You also need to specify the pool name. IE. 'zfs rename pool/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64' pool/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail'

i install 9.2.2 alfa nightly. they said it would fix the problem by installing the jails.

NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
raid-z1 4.08T 6.63T 2.36T /mnt/raid-z1
raid-z1/.samba4 3.33M 6.63T 3.33M /mnt/raid-z1/.samba4
raid-z1/archive 1.73T 6.63T 1.70T /mnt/raid-z1/archive
raid-z1/archive/Privet 23.6G 6.63T 23.6G /mnt/raid-z1/archive/Privet
raid-z1/home 716K 6.63T 256K /mnt/raid-z1/home
raid-z1/home/guest 230K 6.63T 230K /mnt/raid-z1/home/guest
raid-z1/home/mullcom 230K 6.63T 230K /mnt/raid-z1/home/mullcom
raid-z1/jail 13.4M 6.63T 13.4M /mnt/raid-z1/jail
raid-z1/opt 249K 6.63T 249K /mnt/raid-z1/opt
raid-z1/security 2.53M 6.63T 2.53M /mnt/raid-z1/securit

[zzz@xxx] /mnt/mnt/raid-z1/jails% zfs rename /mnt/mnt/raid-z1/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64 /mnt/raid-z1/jail/.warden-template-pluginjail
cannot open '/mnt/mnt/raid-z1/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE-x64': invalid dataset name

hard to change somting that isent ther :p

kjp4756

Contributor
OK, go in to /mnt/raid-z1/jail

Delete anything in here with .warden

If you're not logged in using root then use sudo EX: sudo rm -rf .warden*

I had this happen once in my testing where there was a stray .warden directory and that caused jails to fail.

mullcom

Explorer
OK, go in to /mnt/raid-z1/jail

Delete anything in here with .warden

If you're not logged in using root then use sudo EX: sudo rm -rf .warden*

I had this happen once in my testing where there was a stray .warden directory and that caused jails to fail.

i get this
Sorry, user mullcom is not allowed to execute '/bin/rm -rf .warden-files-cache' as root on freenas.workgroup.

kjp4756

Contributor
i get this
Sorry, user mullcom is not allowed to execute '/bin/rm -rf .warden-files-cache' as root on freenas.workgroup.

In the user manager in the freenas web gui permit your user to use sudo. There's a check box for it.

mullcom

Explorer
In the user manager in the freenas web gui permit your user to use sudo. There's a check box for it.

sweet..
i have done that now..

i evan get read of my mnt/mnt/

but have problem

Feb 18 22:01:18 freenas manage.py: [py.warnings:613] /usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/jails/utils.py:613: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6 raise MiddlewareError(e.message)
Feb 18 22:01:18 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Abort trap ERROR: Failed extracting: http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz cannot open 'raid-z1/jail/.warden-template-pluginjail': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset ]

mullcom

Explorer
sweet..
i have done that now..

but have problem

Feb 18 22:01:18 freenas manage.py: [py.warnings:613] /usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/jails/utils.py:613: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6 raise MiddlewareError(e.message)
Feb 18 22:01:18 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Abort trap ERROR: Failed extracting: http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz cannot open 'raid-z1/jail/.warden-template-pluginjail': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset ]

pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz cannot open 'raid-z1/jail/.warden-template-pluginjail': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset ]
Feb 18 22:05:46 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.10.7
Feb 18 22:06:00 freenas last message repeated 2 times
Feb 18 22:06:02 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: ERROR: A template with this nickname already exists! ]

kjp4756

Contributor
sweet..
i have done that now..

but have problem

I don't think I've ever gotten that message before. What I would try is deleting all of the .warden* stuff again in jail and then reboot freenas. That might do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.