Jail trouble on 11.0-STABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasb Klamb

Dabbler
I updated my host to the FreeNAS-11-STABLE train (maybe not a good idea?). Now when I create a jail and attempt to build from the portsnap tree, I get complaints like "Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended, and no ports are guaranteed to build on this system. Please upgrade to a supported release."

When I do a "freebsd-version" inside the jail, it reports "11.0-RELEASE-p1"

When I do it within the host, it reports "11.0-STABLE"

I don't know what to do. Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks!

Nasb Klamb

Dabbler

Joe Fenton

Dabbler
So do I understand correctly, that if we have 11.0-RELEASE-p1 jails, and 11.1-STABLE freenas OS, if you want to update the jails, you have to recreate them?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
So do I understand correctly, that if we have 11.0-RELEASE-p1 jails, and 11.1-STABLE freenas OS, if you want to update the jails, you have to recreate them?
Depends. If it is a warden based jail (old UI), yes. If it's an iocage based jail (newUI or CLI), no.

Joe Fenton

Dabbler
If the old UI is the one that's a bit clunky and slow (loading the side bar for example), then I'm using that :(. I found the new UI seemed to be missing things, so went back to the old one, plus most of my jails were created before the new UI came along anyway. That's a bit annoying, going forward, if I want to update. What's the easiest way to migrate data/setup over to newly created jails?

Status
Not open for further replies.