Jail Stuck + Permission problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozland

Cadet
EDIT : Reposted this in the Plugins section, my bad.

Hello guys,

I tried searching for a bit and I didn't find an exact and definitive answer.

I'm having 2 issues with my FreeNAS server at the moment. Let me go through them one by one.

Relevent information : I'm running FreeNAS-9.2.1.5-RELEASE-x64 on a USB Key.

1 : I have installed a "Transmission" plugin jail using the preset in the plugin section. The jail crashed and I decided to re-install it, but now I can't delete the one that crashed.

If I go in Plugins>Installed and click delete on "transmission_2" it says "Error: The plugins jail is not running, start it before proceeding". Sounds pretty logic up to now. Now I go the the jail and try to start "transmission_2". It gives me this error : "warden_exception('ERROR: No such jail!\n',)"

While this doesn't affect anything and I don't mind much, I'd like to be able to remove it one way or another.

2 : On my working "Transmission" plugin jail, I have an issue when a torrent downloads a folder, the permission on the downloaded folder aren't right.

For this one I have a work around as well, I just go and chown the folder via Shell, but this is pretty annoying.

I guess it'd be worth mentionning that I created a folder outside the jail folder for the destination location, it's located under "/mnt/Data/Torrents". Any files I download are fine, if it's only a file. If it's a folder, it gives me permission errors.

The set-up I'm using is that I'm using nobody:nogroup for my "/mnt/Data", but I didn't touch the permission on the plugin. I don't want to have to use a user to manage it, I'm alone at home using it myself only.

If you need any information from me I'll try to answer ASAP. Thanks to anyone who helps :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.