Jail permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyclimb

Contributor
Hi,

I'm running freenas 9.2.1.5 and I'm struggling to mount a dataset inside a jail with the correct permissions. I have done this in the past but for some reason it is not working properly. I have installed pydio to give me access to files via a web browser, locally.

I have a pool home set with all permissions recursively as 770 owner root, group wheel. I can confirm this if i ssh in and look at all files / sub directories. There is one exception and that is my multimedia folder which is 777 owner media, group media.

I've created a folder /mnt/home in a jail, and set it to 770 owner root, group wheel. I've then mounted, using the add storage option in the GUI, the /mnt/home on freenas to /mnt/home in the jail. Now when I go to jail and enter the folder /mnt/home the permission are no longer correct. They have permissions 755 so group has lost write access. This important as for pydio to work i have to add it to the groups wheel and media so that it can write to these folders...

I've tried rebooting, I've added www to wheel and media groups on both the freenas and the jail...
My concern is that this is not a good idea... from a security point of view. I'm thinking that i'd be better changing the owner of all my files and folders to www!

However, does anyone have any idea why / where these permissions are coming from!

cheers

Andrew

andyclimb

Contributor
I'm wondering if this might be a bug.

If i share each sub folder of my /mnt/home then is works just fine. So it seems to be problem of sharing the volume it self.

Has anyone else found this?

Status
Not open for further replies.