Transmission folder permission & Jail / Plugin stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozland

Cadet
Hello guys,

I tried searching for a bit and I didn't find an exact and definitive answer.

I'm having 2 issues with my FreeNAS server at the moment. Let me go through them one by one.

Relevent information : I'm running FreeNAS-9.2.1.5-RELEASE-x64 on a USB Key.

1 : I have installed a "Transmission" plugin jail using the preset in the plugin section. The jail crashed and I decided to re-install it, but now I can't delete the one that crashed.

If I go in Plugins>Installed and click delete on "transmission_2" it says "Error: The plugins jail is not running, start it before proceeding". Sounds pretty logic up to now. Now I go the the jail and try to start "transmission_2". It gives me this error : "warden_exception('ERROR: No such jail!\n',)"

While this doesn't affect anything and I don't mind much, I'd like to be able to remove it one way or another.

2 : On my working "Transmission" plugin jail, I have an issue when a torrent downloads a folder, the permission on the downloaded folder aren't right.

For this one I have a work around as well, I just go and chown the folder via Shell, but this is pretty annoying.

I guess it'd be worth mentionning that I created a folder outside the jail folder for the destination location, it's located under "/mnt/Data/Torrents". Any files I download are fine, if it's only a file. If it's a folder, it gives me permission errors.

So to make it short :
- Individual files : The owner is nobody:nogroup, I can move, rename, do whatever I want.
- Folder : The owner is someone else and I have to chown the folder to adjust the permissions.

I use my shares using nobody:nogroup with full access for the permissions, so I don't have to login to access my stuff. (I'm alone at home using the server).

If you need any information from me I'll try to answer ASAP. Thanks to anyone who helps :D

enemy85

Guru
have a read at the first post here and just follow the instructions...

Status
Not open for further replies.