Jail setup stalls out, Detatch pool stalls out

knomore

Cadet
We just got our new NAS online. It's a monster 48 bay 4U beast of a machine with dual xeon's, 32g of ram, and 10gbe cards using DAC to our kvm servers. It's running FreeNAS-11.2-RC1 and for the most part everything is doing great, we have a big ol' pool setup for the kvm servers, and another pool for me to dump personal junk onto.

But we have two issues. One when I goto plugins / available I am given a Choose a pool or dataset for jail storage and when I select a pool for this jail storage it pops up a please wait spinner that just hangs like a stage 5 clinger... it never stops spinning and eventually it will auto logout. Even after the auto logout it will still have a spinner going.

Second issue is that during my first initial setup we had three pools that we never used. I want to remove them, but when I goto storage / pools and select the drop down / gearbox /detach of said pool it spins and will eventually say error detaching pool.

I'm not a freeBSD kinda guy more of a linux person but I'm not scared of the command line if there were some documentation as to how to do what I want the hard way. Any help y'all can throw my way is greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

sharrington

Cadet
Any updates on this issue? I was previously able to activate the pool, install and setup jails, and am currently running & using those jails. Just can't access them via the GUI because it spins out on activate pool or dataset for jail storage

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Did anyone ever create a bug report? If so, which number?