Issues trying to use Previous Versions with ZFS snapshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve.long

Dabbler
I'm trying to get to the point where I feel ready to put my FreeNAS into production.

I'm running FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 on a Mini XL. My clients are a mixture of Windows 7 and Windows 10 x64.

The latest thing I've been trying to do is make my snapshots useful. I'm currently taking 15 minute snapshots of a dataset call Projects. I'd like my users to be able to feel confident restoring files on their own using the Previous Versions tab.

In my SMB share I set up a .txt file to use as a test for Previous Versions. When I select that file and go to the Previous Versions tab it takes about 5 minutes to pull the previous versions up. When they do show up I cannot open them or restore them.

When I try to open the snapshot/Previous Version, I get the attached 'Open.PNG' message. When I try to restore, I get the attached 'Restore.PNG' message.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Attachments

• Open.PNG
    Open.PNG
    3.6 KB · Views: 563
  • Restore.PNG
    Restore.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 525

steve.long

Dabbler
Thanks,

Yeah. It looks like I have things set up correctly. I don't know why it's acting so wonky. I mean, if I can't pull snapshots of a tiny .txt file I'll never be able to pull down multiple versions of a .dwg...

Status
Not open for further replies.