Issues Installing Apps and Creating Containers - Kubernetes service is not running

Unburned3156

Cadet
Whenever I try and install an app or create a docker container I get the below:

r/truenas - Issues Installing Apps and Creating Containers - Kubernetes service is not running
With the below in the more info box:

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 426, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 461, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1152, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1284, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 397, in do_create
    await self.middleware.call('kubernetes.validate_k8s_setup')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1306, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1255, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/update.py", line 496, in validate_k8s_setup
    raise CallError(error)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.

My Kubernetes settings are:
IP addresses are correct:
r/truenas - Issues Installing Apps and Creating Containers - Kubernetes service is not running
enp0s31f6 is my only interface configured in network settings.

I have tried:
  • Multiple reboots
  • Unsetting Pool and resetting, multiple times
  • Deleting the ix-applications from my dataset
  • Creating a new custom directory to save the container configs
Initially I had updated from Core to Scale, but after I had this same issue I tried reinstalling scale. I did this by wiping my boot disk and reinstalling the OS, then reimporting my dataset and setting everything up from scratch again. This did not make a difference either.

I watch videos on Youtube and follow guides, they all just work, whereas I get this error.

I have once gotten a official app to install but it didn't deploy. I left it for an hr and ended up deleting it to try again.

My specs:
  • Boot disk: Crucial BX500 2.5in SATA SSD 240GB
  • Data disks: 2x 8TB ST8000VN004 Seagate IronWolf SATA HDDs in RAID 1
  • Drives connected via a LSI 6Gbps SAS HBA 9211-8i FW P20 in IT Mode
  • Intel Core i5 12500 Processor
  • ASRock B660M-ITX/ac DDR4 ITX Motherboard
  • 1x 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • Using Motherboard NIC
  • TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.0
Am I missing something? I am at a loss.
It seems to be working fine otherwise, I can access my fileshares normally from other devices.

Unburned3156

Cadet
Did you fix this? where did you go for kubernetes settings?
After installing an SSD and upgrading to TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.1, I can now install and run Apps. I also upgraded to 16GB of RAM.
I beleive the SSD was the most important part, as the kubernetes issue was it timing out due to slow disk access.

I am having the same issue. Im using a 2U Qnap 8 bay unit and I have the OS and App pools setup on m.2 sata drives. I have tried doing clean installs and nothing can get Kubernetes to work. I had zero problems using Truenas Core jails but I want to use scale.