Issue upgrading from 12.0-U5.1 to 12.0-U6

pfonseca

Dabbler
Hi,

I've a functional v12.0-U5.1 system. When I've tried to upgrade it to v12.0-U6 through GUI interface, it seems that everything works OK, but, finally the system doesn't come up, without network connectivity.

I've installed v12.0-U6 from iso image in a a new boot environment the system comes up with a DHCP IP configured automatically and I was able to apply the config file freenas-v1.db, obtained before de GUI upgrade. After that I reboot the system and it doesn't come up.

I've done a fresh installation again, go system/boot choose v12.0-U5.1 boot environment again and everything is working fine.

Because I have the system hanging the console on boot (after an upgrade to I don't remember whatever v11.x it was, I was never able to recover from that, whatever I tried to change on BIOS) , as the picture included, I can't verify what's happening .

Any clue about what's happening?

Regards,
1633530296400.png

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
What are you using as a boot drive?

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi,

I've a functional v12.0-U5.1 system. When I've tried to upgrade it to v12.0-U6 through GUI interface, it seems that everything works OK, but, finally the system doesn't come up, without network connectivity.

I've installed v12.0-U6 from iso image in a a new boot environment the system comes up with a DHCP IP configured automatically and I was able to apply the config file freenas-v1.db, obtained before de GUI upgrade. After that I reboot the system and it doesn't come up.

I've done a fresh installation again, go system/boot choose v12.0-U5.1 boot environment again and everything is working fine.

Because I have the system hanging the console on boot (after an upgrade to I don't remember whatever v11.x it was, I was never able to recover from that, whatever I tried to change on BIOS) , as the picture included, I can't verify what's happening .

Any clue about what's happening?

Regards,
View attachment 49794
Please post full information about your system per the forum rules (linked in red above). This will give us a better chance of helping with your problem.

pfonseca

Dabbler
Hi,

As already said, I've functional TrueNAS Core v12-U5.1 based on system with:

- This board https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/Business/N3150IC/ with 8GB RAM and a SATA 4-Port PCIe board;
- it is configured with two RAD1 pools for data, with 4 disks attached to PCIe board and a SATA disk dedicated, attache to the controller on-board, for boot;

I use this system as a NAS to store and share files at home and two jails, PLEX for media share and a syslog server to consolidate logs from several devices at home.

I attach two files result of lspci -v and cat /var/run/dmesg.boot

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Attachments

• dmesg.boot.txt
    58.8 KB · Views: 145
  • pcilist.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 138

Spearfoot

He of the long foot

pfonseca

Dabbler
If you're using a SATA PCIe board, that might be the source of your problems; sometimes FreeBSD (TrueNAS/FreeNAS) dooesn't support these very well.

What brand and model of SATA PCIe board are you using?
Hi,

I've this board since v9 whatever.

I don't remember the brand of the board, but believing in dmesg description, it has a chipset like this "Marvell 88SE9235 AHCI SATA controller".

Regards,