After 12.0 u5.1 to u6.1 jail start causes unresponsive reboot

viktor76

Cadet
12.0-u5.1 was running like a top and continues to do so when I boot into it.

I attempted to upgrade to U6 which resulted in a hard freeze shortly after the "FreeBSD/amd64 (xxxhostnamexxx) (ttyv0)" banner. No login prompt ever appeared and the machine rebooted cleanly. I assumed U6 was at fault and simply held off upgrading until U6.1 was released.

U6.1 behaves exactly the same. Going deeper I disabled my two jail's autostart and the machine boots correctly and all services run fine. As soon as any jail, even newly created, is started the machine becomes completely unresponsive for ~60 seconds and reboots.

Starting jails from the command line results in unresponsiveness after a message about devfs rules being applied.

X10SLH-F
Xeon E3-1220v3
16gb 18KSF1G72AZ-1G6E1

Ideas?

viktor76

Cadet
No joy still with U7, so I will try deleting the jails and recreating them. (What a pain in the ass, hope it works.)

viktor76

Cadet
U7 runs fine so long as I don't start any jails. A fresh jail with default settings being started results in the machine freezing and rebooting after 30 seconds or so of being unresponsive.

Same hardware U5.1 works great. Ideas?

viktor76

Cadet
An interesting development: If I attempt to change any vaules in the network tab, such as to disable hardware offload, the machine reboots after 60ish seconds of inactivity.

viktor76

Cadet
I did my every-other-week attempt to restore full functionality to my system and lo and behold: with no config changes, no hardware changes, and no changes to my process to bring up a jail..... it works! Thanks all.

(in all seriousness.... must be a hardware issue)