• securelevel=0
  • allow_mount=1
  • allow_mount_devfs=1
  • allow_mount_procfs=1

• security.jail.enforce_statfs: 0
  • security.jail.mount_allowed: 1
  • security.jail.mount_devfs_allowed: 1
  • security.jail.mount_procfs_allowed: 1
Since adding this config, I am able to now see other folders in dev, however the iscsi folder is still greyed out as per below:
1634559363993.png

1634559239692.png

Am I missing something as to why the iSCSi does not allow me to point my libraries to this location?

Attachments

• 1634559288601.png
    1634559288601.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 103

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I don't understand what you think you'll get by doing that, but it seems to me that it would be a permissions issue... what account (and specifically UID) is your plex daemon running as in the jail?

a12

Cadet
All of my storage is currently presented using ISCSI to windows so the plan was to stop presenting this to the windows server and move it so plex and storage are all on one box rather to plex hosted on a windows vm.

Jail is running as root so wouldn't have expected this to be the issue:

1634572983778.png

Also seems that plex is unable to read from the zfs vol as I get the same problem with the options being greyed out.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Mounts can't be changed while the jail is running. Stop the jail, and those options will become available.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It's a zvol, so it won't work. You need a dataset to do a nullfs mount to a jail. Forget iSCSI as a method of shafting into a jail.

a12

Cadet
Thanks, could you please advise the best way to present my Zvols into Plex?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Thanks, could you please advise the best way to present my Zvols into Plex?
You can't. Use Windows to copy the indvidual files into a filesystem shared via SMB and then mount that into the Plex jail. You cannot mount a Zvol into a jail.

Reactions: a12

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

a12

Cadet
Well, you sort-of can...

Create a VM and present that zvol to it as a disk. Run plex on that VM.

If you want to run plex as a jail and have the storage coming from a zvol directly, as @Patrick M. Hausen said, you can't.
So next best thing to keep things lightweight...
- run Plex in a jail using plugins
- share this using smb (to load files to it, copy them via a windows machine)
- present the smb to the Plex jail?

Thanks for all your help here!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
- share this using smb (to load files to it, copy them via a windows machine)
No need to share.

- present the smb to the Plex jail?
You mount the storage directly to the jail using a nullfs mount (either with the GUI - Jail | Mount Points, or from CLI with iocage fstab jailname -a /mnt/tank/data /mnt/data nullfs rw 0 0)

a12

Cadet
No need to share.

You mount the storage directly to the jail using a nullfs mount (either with the GUI - Jail | Mount Points, or from CLI with iocage fstab jailname -a /mnt/tank/data /mnt/data nullfs rw 0 0)
Thanks - sorry - total noob here when it comes to this sort of stuff.

The problem I have with using a mount point is that within Pool 1 are my 2 zfs vols - it doesn't give me the option to use these as source points.

When I select Pool1 root, the jail won't start, am I doing something wrong?

1634806508917.png

Last edited:

sretalla