IPv6 via DHCP not working

svengru

Cadet
New to TrueNAS and might be missing something obvious but after trying to figure it out for a day myself, I decided to ask for help...

My network uses both IPv4 and IPv6. IPv6 are being assigned via Stateful DHCPv6 (M+O flags) with no SLAAC as I have a fixed public IPv6 /56 assigned to me.
All Linux, Windows, Mac & IOS clients do get an IPv6 address from the DHCP server and can connected to internal and external servers by IPv6.

For Debian Linux I had to set /etc/network/interfaces to "iface xxx inet6 dhcp" so that it would not try to auto manage IPv6.

What setting do I have to use in TrueNAS Scale to archive the same as the above? I tried all possible combinations of DHCP and IPv6 automanage with no luck.
Just not getting an IPv6 address from my DHCP server.

Thanks for your help.

-Sven

svengru

Cadet
Looking at the source code, there is this interesting note:

if data[addr_key] and not data['int_dhcp']:
# TODO: how are we handling int_ipv6auto (is it SLAAC or stateless DHCPv6 or stateful DHCPv6)??
addrs_database.add(self.alias_to_addr({'address': data[addr_key], 'netmask': data['int_netmask']}))

Can I assume that there is currently no support for stateful DHCPv6 or does anybody have it working?