IP Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Ok so now i have only one cable connected to LAN1 and I'm able to get into the WebGUI.
Can't get into IPMI ip though.
One more thing i noticed is that i can't communicate with the internet (something i could have done previously when my ip was inside DHCP range). Tried checking for updates just to see i can get a connection and got this:
View attachment 14720

Eli
Basic networking requires
IP address
Net mask/subnet
Gateway
Nameserver(s)

You can plugin your ipmi cable. That has no bearing on your other NIC

Eli Singer

Explorer
Where do i fill that? In Network>Global Configuration?

The subnet is 255.255.255.0
The Gatway (router ip?) is 192.168.10.1
Shouldn't i use DHCP to get IP for connecting to the internet?
How do i know the Nameservers?
And how come it worked earlier without any config and now it stopped?

I feel so ignorant...

Eli

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Where do i fill that? In Network>Global Configuration?

The subnet is 255.255.255.0
The Gatway (router ip?) is 192.168.10.1
Shouldn't i use DHCP to get IP for connecting to the internet?
How do i know the Nameservers?
And how come it worked earlier without any config and now it stopped?

I feel so ignorant...

Eli

Do yourself a favor and take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with networking basics.

http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/network.html

There is nothing special or magical about DHCP that would require it to access the network or internet. A DHCP server merely assigns an IP address and sets a few settings, all of which you can set yourself.

Your router is your gateway. It's probably also your network's DNS server (nameserver).

Eli Singer

Explorer
Do yourself a favor and take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with networking basics.

http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/network.html

There is nothing special or magical about DHCP that would require it to access the network or internet. A DHCP server merely assigns an IP address and sets a few settings, all of which you can set yourself.

Your router is your gateway. It's probably also your network's DNS server (nameserver).

Even though I've gone over that document several times, only now i managed to configure it correctly. I can check for updates and I've sent a test email that i got.
I do get a Mail Delivery Subsystem error saying Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: root@freenas.local
That is even though I changed the email address for the root account to my email address under Accounts>Users.
Why is that happening?

Another thing is the alert i get: Firmware version 10 does not match driver version 12 for /dev/mpr0. Please flash controller to P12 IT firmware.
I've downloaded the P12 IT firmware for the LSI SAS3 3008 Controller but couldn't find a guide on how to flash it when it's built into the motherboard and not as a seperate card.
Found this: https://www.servethehome.com/flash-lsi-sas-3008-hba-e-g-ibm-m1215-mode/
The files i have are identical to the list there except for SAS9300_8i_IT.bin that is missing, instead i have this file: 3008IT12.ROM

Will this file do the trick?

Do i need to go over all the stages?
I didn't find any Jumper in the manual that's about resetting the firmware or anything like that.
Do I need to reset the adapter or can i just flash it as it is without resetting it?

Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.