IOCAGE issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raksasas

Dabbler
I thought I had everything working with my IOCAGE jails. A couple of weeks ago I created 2 jails. I worked out how to create a DHCP and a static ip IOCAGE jails or so I thought...

DHCP IOCAGE jail =
Code:
iocage create -n test4 -r 11.1-RELEASE vnet=on bpf=yes dhcp=on

Static IP ICOAGE jail =
Code:
iocage create -n the-server-name -r 11.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.29/24" defaultrouter="192.168.1.1" vnet="on" boot="on"

When I first setup these both up I could ping and ssh into them. Now after a system shutdown/reboot, I can't access them, ping or ssh. I did make sure that both of them were running with jls and iocage start/stop commands.

Did I create them wrong or miss something?

Build FreeNAS-11.1-U1

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Raksasas

Dabbler
To add to this. I should have stated why I shutdown/rebooted my FreeNAS. I had a failed mirror boot drive and replaced a UPS. As for the "failed mirrored boot", I first tried replace he drive thought the gui but it would not replace. I found several post with people having the same issues and all mentioned that it would be best to just install FreeNAS to the drives. So I backed up the configuration and did just that. I crated the IOCAGE jails about a week or so before the failed mirror. I have not do anything with the IOCAGE jails until now. My warden jail is just chugging along with no issues that I am aware of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raksasas

Dabbler
No I have not got this worked out yet. I guess I can provide a little more info into what I have done since last post. I deleted all the IOCAGE jails. I had not do anything with them other then setup ssh. I then created a new DHCP IOCAGE with the above command. I also added the "boot=on" flag. I then looked at my DHCP pool and found no new addresses. I then accessed the jail from the FreeNAS system. Once inside the jail I found that the "vnet" interface had not picked up any ip. It just had 0.0.0.0.

I guess I could try and create a new IOCAGE and post it the "ifconfig" output. I have also looked over this as it seems to be similar. I have noticed that it seems like everyone is using a lot more flags then I am when creating one. I am waiting for an answeser to the this post because I am not sure if my IOCAGES are in the right spot.

Raksasas

Dabbler
Here you go the "ifconfig" file from my IOCAGE jail.
Code:
root@test5:/ # ifconfig
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
		options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
		inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
		inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
		inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
		nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
		groups: lo
vnet0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
		options=8<VLAN_MTU>
		ether 02:ff:60:2c:11:50
		hwaddr 02:af:e0:00:07:0b
		inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 255.255.255.255
		nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>
		media: Ethernet 10Gbase-T (10Gbase-T <full-duplex>)
		groups: epair
root@test5:/ #

Status
Not open for further replies.