Intel optane M10 SLOG disk to pool become unavailable when moving from CORE> SCALE

rkbest

Dabbler
A very interesting issue that happened to me today. This is different than another issue of CORE in this forum so starting new thread.
I had optane m10 as slog disk to the zfs pool in Truenas core and it was working perfect. I decided to upgrade to truenas scale (not fresh install). Everything worked and start and I found zfs pool shows offline and degraded. On inspection, I found that the nvme M10 optane disk is not even listed under disks. So fix the pool for the moment, I removed the nvme from the pool and the pool came online. But nvme is not detected by truenas scale under disk nor anywhere else.
I booted to bios to check if the hardware failed or not connected properly but found the listed optane disk in boot devices options with 14 GB size.
More troubleshooting: So I decided to restart and selected truenas CORE option from grub entries, this loaded CORE but gui was all messed still usable for my needs. GUI had some menus, so checked in storage>disks> found that M10 Optane is detected and listed fine.

This seems more like a bug, or limitation of SCALE to work with m10 optane. How do I report or make this work again?

Attachments

• degraded pool on SCALE.jpg
    degraded pool on SCALE.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 125