Installing Plugins in FreeNAS 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pklifter

Dabbler
Hi,

I've recently rebuilt my NAS from FreeNAS 9 to 11. I've imported my old volume and created a new RAIDZ setup. All has been working fine.

I have now got to the stage where I need to setup couchpotato, sabnzbd and Sonar like I had setup in my FreeNAS 9 build.

I have setup my Jails > configuration to where I want the jails to be stored. I then add the plugin, which works fine but then I try to turn it on and it fails "an error occured". I've tried several different plugins and the same issue. I've created a dataset for jails manually and tried that also but still the same result. I've tried setting the permissions on the jail store to "nobody" and "nobody" like I have my drives as well setting "everyone" in Windows to full control but still the plugin won't start.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm not hugely familiar with FREEBSD but I did manage to get it all working in FreeNAS 9...admittedly after some time.

I've searched for guides and watched many youtube videos (mainly on FreeNAS 8 or 9) but nothing has helped. I did try creating it all from shell within the Jail but I could not add the package as it did not recognise "SABnzbd" as a package name to install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5).

Kind Regards
Pklifter

pklifter

Dabbler
More info. I tried setting my permissions on my drive back to root/wheel and installing again.

This might have been here all along but I get the following when trying to install the plugin (in this case couchpotato)

Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.1.18/plugins/plugin/...19395aa3df0c0227716049c51ea43c4281495d074897/
Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5)
Exception Type: MiddlewareError
Exception Value:
[MiddlewareError: b'This file was not identified as in PBI format, it might as well be corrupt.']
Exception Location: ./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py in install_pbi, line 2243
Server time: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 22:35:40 -0700
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.1.18/plugins/plugin/...c602333749e9c93f37d05f969d42ff0dda313c62d530/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
39. response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
249. response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
178. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
162. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
23. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/plugins/views.py" in install_available
311. if notifier().install_pbi(jail.jail_host, newplugin):
File "./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in install_pbi
2243. "This file was not identified as in PBI "

Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /plugins/plugin/install/2c7280e10449ea2617f6c602333749e9c93f37d05f969d42ff0dda313c62d530/
Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: b'This file was not identified as in PBI format, it might as well be corrupt.']

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Which exact version of 9 did you upgrade from?

Are you installing the plugins from scratch or are you trying to configure your upgraded plugins?

Finally, are you selecting the plugins from the list and installing from there or are you downloading the PBI manually?

pklifter

Dabbler
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I should have been clearer, this is a fresh install of 11. I was using 9 but decided a fresh install would be safer.

Yeah I'm installing the plugins from scratch.

I'm selecting them from the plugin list and letting freenas do all the work for me. All my new freenas build has is a new raidz setup (I bought four new disks) and one imported volume/disk then the shares setup so my Nvidia shield with plex can see them. Raidz has movies and my imported volume has TV shows.

I'm copying my movies from the raidz to my imported volume just in case as I plan on rebuilding it all from scratch once they are duplicated. As I know importing a one disk volume had no issues but I'm not sure how it will go with importing a four disk raidz setup and I don't want to lose my movies.

I plan on doing a rebuild tomorrow and not touching any of the permissions on the disks this time then trying the plugins again.

D

dlavigne

That is clearer :smile:

Do you have a slow Internet connection? That traceback message might indicate that the download is not completing so the checksum does not match. Pasting the output of ifconfig within code tags might be helpful.

pklifter

Dabbler
I have the fastest Internet available in Australia for residential use, its a 100mb connection.

I'm not sure what you mean by code tags but an ifconfig returns the attached results. Hopefully that is what you are after.

http://imgur.com/a/6WMPr

6WMPr

D

dlavigne

That looks good. Let us know if you still get a traceback after your rebuild.

pklifter

Dabbler
That looks good. Let us know if you still get a traceback after your rebuild.
I've rebuilt, imported both my NAS volume and raid without dramas but now SMB won't start by its self. No errors giving it tries for about a second then nothing. Only thing ive tried doing is restarting which did not help. This is all so much harder than it needs to be :(

Several other services start without issues but I don't need any of those.

I'm not sure what a testparm is but I ran it as others have said to, the following was returned

http://imgur.com/a/jYGfl

SMB config is below (unchanged from default)

1 - http://imgur.com/a/q4GRX

2 - http://imgur.com/a/BlgQH

EDIT- I found this article but I have nothing set in aux parameters.

Last edited:

pklifter

Dabbler
I rebuilt it again (3rd time) and SMB started right out of the box. Imported volumes (NAS and RAIDZ) and then went to create my share. Created my share and it asked if I wanted to start the SMB service (which I already started) then it failed again.

I did notice in the build process it mentioned the following

Can't load /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf - run testparm to debug it.

So I guess that is related. No idea how to resolve the issue though.

The SMB service won't start whether I have shares or not.

EDIT:
I left everything as default, imported volumes, no shares setup, smb service not running and installed SABnzbd straight from PLUGINS > Available. It installed fine, but won't turn on. So same issue as before but slightly worse now because I don't have SMB available. LOL

Installing the plugin, created the jail fine (of which I only changed the ip before trying to start it). I can now see the SABnzbd as a volume under STORAGE > Volumes. So it seems to have done everything it was supposed to do. is that correct? It's just that it won't run on for some reason. It still just gives the "some error occurred" error.

Update: I restarted the box and SABnzbd came alive. So I tried installing couchpotato, it said it was successful. But couchpotato won't start (some error occurred) so I restarted the box again. SAB is still running and now couchpotato is up too. Sonar is fine now too after restarting. I changed the IP's of them and also added storage and they are fine.

Now my only issue (before I config my plugins) is SMB :(

Last edited:

pklifter

Dabbler
I found the following in the freenas.pdf (link)

If the SMB service will not start, run this command from Shell (page 287) to see if there is an error in the configuration: testparm /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf If clients have problems connecting to the SMB share, go to Services → SMB and verify that Server maximum protocol is set to SMB2.

I did as above told me, restarted but still it won't start. I reran test parm and received the following (which looks more promising then the previous testparm posted above) - http://imgur.com/a/sGNgl - Global Parameters - http://imgur.com/a/SsBRx

pklifter

Dabbler
Since this is now a different issue and my original resolved. I thought I would clean it all up into a new thread to help others when searching.

It is HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.