SOLVED InstallerPackageNotFoundException

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just tried to install the 9.3 BETA. Downloaded the .iso and copied it to a USB stick with Win32DiskImager and booted from it. Then i selected another USB to install to.

Attaching a screen shot of the error I'm getting. Any suggestions?

/I

Attachments

• beta.PNG
    beta.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 447
Might be a faulty USB... I switched to another USB to install from and tried to install to a HDD instead. This time it worked better and i was able to install.

I have since also tried to install it again, (since I want it installed on a USB key instead) but I can't install to the Patriot USB stick (16G) it seems... The installation either hangs or it's perhaps very slow. Is there any new special requirements for the USB that you install FreeNAS onto?

Was at last able to install from USB to USB, not sure what the issue really was/is but the installation to the USB key took quite a bit longer then the HDD installation. Maybe it took 15-20min to the USB key and only a few min to the HDD.

S

sef

The old install simply copied a 4g image to the target device; the new install writes to a filesystem. That makes it slower. Bad thumb drives (either slow, or being marginal quality) are going to be a lot more problematical with the new method.

Status
Not open for further replies.