Installed Plugins not loading - KeyError: 'host_hostuuid'

tommoose13

Cadet
Hi all,

I have been running this instance of TrueNAS Core over two different systems (on proper server hardware now) and this issue has followed me. My server was 100% working and then I installed two plugins, MineOS and XMRig. MineOS worked flawlessly, but the XMRig plugin gave me a bit of difficulty and ultimately broke itself after successful install. I removed the XMRig plugin and jail from the webgui and now I am not able to see my installed plugins list. I can see the list of available plugins still, but upon loading the plugins tab I am greeted with the following error after a brief moment:
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1206, in _call
    return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1110, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 977, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail_freebsd.py", line 181, in query
    resource_list = iocage.list('all', plugin=True, plugin_data=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1350, in list
    return ioc_list.IOCList(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_list.py", line 82, in list_datasets
    _all = self.list_all(ds)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_list.py", line 238, in list_all
    uuid_full = conf["host_hostuuid"]
KeyError: 'host_hostuuid'

After acknowledging the error I get an infinite loading wheel; 5 minutes pass and MineOS does not show up. I can see the MineOS jail, and it's running fine. I've poked around the file referenced and found line 238, but I can't figure out what needs to be removed or reinstalled to get rid of this error and am a little bit scared of "shotgun troubleshooting" this issue as I'd like to keep my MineOS plugin intact if possible. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post the issue has followed me since this server was originally built on an i5-based desktop system, current specs:
TrueNAS-12.0-U3
2x Xeon E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
Intel S2600CP
16GB Kingston ECC RAM
1x 120GB TLC SSD (for jails, etc.)
1x 120GB MLC SSD (boot drive)
Data Pools:
2x 2TB 7200RPM ZFS RAID1
2x 4TB 5400RPM ZFS RAID1

tommoose13

Cadet
*Bump*

Anyone? Still haven't figured this out... :frown:

asw2012

Contributor
Just FYI, I have this same problem when the XMRig plugin was installed. Same EXACT problem. I can't see the plugins page. Anyone able to help with this one? OR do I have to roll back to previous snapshot before the XMRig was installed?

asw2012

Contributor
Got the plugins page to work again, you'll have to go into your pools and manually delete the xmrig dataset in the jail.

tommoose13

Cadet
That was exactly what I needed, after deleting the xmrig dataset the plugins page is behaving normally! Thank you so much for sharing what worked for you! :grin: