install on qnap ts-453Pro: CCB request completed with an error

spanik

Dabbler
I searched for the CCB error but the only returns are from 2016-2017 about installing on a USB stick and that is not what I'm doing.
This is the first time I install Truenas. I have this Qnap TS-453Pro that I just can't get working (the software) so I decided to put Truenas on it after I found a thread here explaining how to do it. I did the following:

- removed the boot flash disk in the qnap
- I also removed all the data HD's from the qnap (they can be wiped)
- downloaded TrueNAS-13.0-U2.iso and put it on a USB stick with "dd"
- put the USB stick in the qnap
- added a Kingston 120GB SSD in a USB 3 housing and connected that also to the qnap
- attached a screen and keyboard to the qnap

This boots from the TrueNAS USB stick. I told it to install on the Kingston SSD using EFI (same result if I install via BIOS). I get a warning that is is not recommended to install on USB, but this is an SSD (conected with USB) so wearing it out should not be happening. There is no spare sata inside the housing.

I get a warning that with only 2GB this isn't recommended. I know and understand that it won't be ideal. But I first want to know if I can get it installed before upgrading the memory. Only use will be as a fileserver anyway.

In a YT video I saw that there came a windows asking to create a swap partition. I did not see that window.

The install starts. I first get 2 times
Code:
(da1: umass-sim1:1:0:0): write(10). CCB: 2A 00 00 00 08 00 00 08 00 00
(da1: umass-sim1:1:0:0): CAM status: CCB request completed with an error
(da1: umass-sim1:1:0:0): retrying command, 3 more tries remain

Then it comes to
Code:
installing base-os (1 of 3)

After that is is just a continuous stream of those
Code:
(da1: umass-sim1:1:0:0): write (10). CCB: 2A 00 00 00 08 00 00 08 00 00
(da1: umass-sim1:1:0:0): CAM status: CCB request completed with an error
(da1: umass-sim1:1:0:0): retrying command, 3 more tries remain

just the hex codes change.

Do I need to install the data HD's for this to work? Or is harmless (like being connected with USB the connection is slower than expected)? Or do I need to boot with some option?

spanik

Dabbler
Ok, it seems to work, only take a long time to install. It now boots from the USB connected SATA SSD. I also put the HD's back in and they are all 4 seen. And the web interface is available.

But when I look at the output from the HDMI I still see those
Code:
(da0: umass-sim0:0:0:0): write(10). CCB: 2A 00 00 00 08 00 00 08 00 00
(da0: umass-sim0:0:0:0): CAM status: CCB request completed with an error
(da0: umass-sim0:0:0:0): retrying command, 3 more tries remain

As well during the boot sequence as after it. But they seem to stop after 3. I'll see how it goes after configuring.