Install macOS High Sierra VM using VNC Not loading the ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVSION

Contributor
Hi Guys,

When trying to install a macOS High Sierra ISO VM using VNC, it open a shell see attached image.
i have added all the devices correctly and when i try other ISO files its loading the installer with no issues but not with macOS High Sierra ISO.
the file is opening fine when loading on my iMac.

Can you please help solving this issue

Thank you
index.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 3.06.15 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 3.06.15 pm.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,880
My guess, I can not be sure about it, is that the ISO is looking for something in particular that is not present in the VM that is on the MAC. It's kinda Apples way of preventing hacintosh's so I know what you need to do to make it work but I would rather not cause an issue with the forum admins/mods. However the below link gives some information that pretty well affirms my belief.

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/bhyve-iohyve-and-macos.60918/

At present, bhyve in FreeBSD 11 implements UEFI version 2.4 for booting - the latest version is 2.7 so it's a few revs behind. Last time I looked, Apple still uses a modified version of EFI 1.1 - a very old release from 2006, before Intel spun off EFI to the UEFI Forum. There are significant differences between these versions which will cause issues ranging from the inability to see video until the OS has fully booted to complete boot failure.

Additionally, MacOS only supports hardware devices used in Apple products. Success depends on the hardware drivers exposed to the guest OS by bhyve being recognized and supported by MacOS.

So a lot of this is down to "Blame Apple"

AVSION

Contributor
Thanks Mate,

I manage to navigate to the boot manager file and its empty. is that the same issue if i install it ,if possible, via jails or VirtualBox in a jail?

Thank you

sretalla