Increase the available space of a windows 10 VM running in TrueNas

SimpleUser

Cadet
Good morning.
I must say that I lack some of the knowledge to feel complety confortable with TrueNas, and that I have made until now all that I needed by looking at the forum and searching on the internet.

My current need is the following:

I have a windows10 virtual machine on a separated dedicated pool for the VM, with just one SDD (will used a 2nd mirrored disk once this task is completed). This SSD has a 240Gb capacity, but the VM was created with just about 106Gb capacity as the original SSD was a 120GB disk. When I resilvered the original SSD to this new disk to upgrade the available space, as expected the original available space for the VM remaining the same.

So currently I am looking to a way to use the new disk in full:

1649323386209.png

I hope that my message was clear.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You need to edit the size of the zvol to increase it. (and then maybe do something in windows to take advantage of the increased disk size after booting with the newly sized ZVOL)

Good practice with ZFS is not to fill a pool to 100%, so I would be mindful of that in selecting the size.

SimpleUser

Cadet
Thank you. Indeed I made what you informed and believe me I was there before but when I started to write 192 I saw a message saying that it will occur data loss if I would shrink the dataset (that makes sense) but after adding the GB all is ok.
Since my disk is 240GB, that is seen as 223.xxGb, i made a 170Gb that is way lower than the 80%:

1649336470674.png

even so I have now a warning that I have 92% full:

1649336516878.png

I wanted to have things correct before I continue to the resilvering process.

1649336620259.png

What could be wrong or how can this be corrected to make it lower than the 80%?

sretalla