WIndows10 VM installation on TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1

Matt Rupert

Dabbler
Hello Truenas Forum,

Im expanding my knowledge and use of Truenas and am trying to run a Windows 10 VM for running BlueIrus camera server. I have been creating and killing VMs as I learn. One of the questions I have run into that I cant figure out is the max disk size. So In the VM setup window, I have been wanting to set my disk size to something like 7TB. I have 7TB+ of available disk space on the tank I setup for this vm to run in. But anytime I setup a 7TB disk the setup and VM creation fails. Is there a way to make a disk larger then 2TB?

Also in order to get it to install I needed to use the virtio-win-0.1.208.iso for the driver disk. At the install it showed the hard drive before I installed the driver. When I used it with out the driver on the disk that was listed it never installed. So after using the driver disk I was able to get it to install. Windows did however not identify any of the drivers as being compatible so I had to go in and select the a driver from the amd section for windows10. At this point I was able to get it to install. Does this sound normal or do I have a potential mess on my hands?

Thank you for the help!!
Matt