Not open for further replies.

Goran Tornqvist

Dabbler
After upgrade from 9.2.1.8 to 9.3, I get the following error:

[root@freenas] ~# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/django start
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/manage.py", line 42, in <module>
execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 399, in execute_from_command_line
utility.execute()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 392, in execute
self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 242, in run_from_argv
self.execute(*args, **options.__dict__)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 284, in execute
self.validate()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 310, in validate
num_errors = get_validation_errors(s, app)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/validation.py", line 34, in get_validation_errors
for (app_name, error) in get_app_errors().items():
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/loading.py", line 196, in get_app_errors
self._populate()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/loading.py", line 78, in _populate
self.load_app(app_name)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/loading.py", line 99, in load_app
models = import_module('%s.models' % app_name)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/importlib.py", line 40, in import_module
__import__(name)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/directoryservice/models.py", line 36, in <module>
from freenasUI.system.models import (
ImportError: cannot import name CertificateAuthority

Works fine with factory settings. Did a reset of settings and tried 3 times with same result.
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

EDIT: tried a samba_server start and it complains that /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf doesnt exist.
So looks like the db upgrade fails. Is there any log that gives db-upgrade information?

Thanks ...

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

You shouldn't be getting a traceback. Did you upgrade to the latest version of 9.3? (eg, what does System -> Info say the build is?)

D

dlavigne

In that case, create a bug report that includes the build string and the full traceback message. If you use System -> Support to make the bug report, it will add this info for you. Note that you still need to first create and verify an account at bugs.freenas.org before using the Support tab. Post the issue number here once you have created a ticket.

D

dlavigne

You can make the ticket directly at bugs.freenas.org. Be sure to include that build string, the version you updated from, and the text of the traceback in the ticket.

ash99s90

Cadet
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ash99s90

Cadet
That's what I was afraid of [emoji26] thanks anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.