Import TrueNAS 12 ZFS HDD, import into Windows based VM

rs_taylor

Explorer
Hi,

I have a dedicated(Not VM) HP Microserver with TrueNas 12 containing multiple x4 HDD (4-8GB drives), nice and simple, no raid, no encryption, ZFS, 1 pool = 1 disk.

I have exported 2 of the HDD's & have taken them to a new location.
I would now like to be able to get access to the content by importing them into a new TrusNas install at the new location.

I'm trying to avoid buying dedicated hardware to do this, and have a Win11 Pro PC.
I would ideally like to run TrueNas in a VM running on the Windows 11 PC, then import the disks. Sounded simple to me :-(

I have physcially attached the HDD to PC and they show up in Windows Disk Manager, but as expected the content cant be read as they are ZFS.
I have setup TrueNas in a VirtualBox VM, but having major problems getting Disks to be visible to TrueNAS so that i can import them.
I need the Win11 PC, using other VM software is no big deal, I'm less keen to buy dedicated hardware for TrueNas unless no other option.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

sretalla