imagick installation for RAW Support under Nextcloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorp

Dabbler
Hello everybody!

I am currently trying to make Nextcloud work with the help of danb35's script. Everything worked out really well and I'm very happy that he made this script available to us. At this point, thank you again.

My problem now is that I can't install imagick. Because this extension is required to view RAW files under Nextcloud.

My question now is, has anyone experienced installing imagick on FreeBSD and php7.2?

Many thanks in advance!

danb35

Hall of Famer
As I noted in the other thread, the software isn't called imagick, it's imagemagick. A little bit of Googling suggests that pkg install imagemagick and pkg install php72-pecl-imagemagick might work. Have you tried those?

snorp

Dabbler
As I noted in the other thread, the software isn't called imagick, it's imagemagick. A little bit of Googling suggests that pkg install imagemagick and pkg install php72-pecl-imagemagick might work. Have you tried those?

Thanks again, I searched explicitly for the package again.

Code:
pkg search imagick

And even after installing all relevant extensions it is not possible to see RAW files in the preview.

For this reason I wrote to the developer of the app and hope that I can fix the problem.

snorp

Dabbler
Well, actually, imagick runs by default. That wasn't the problem. There was a problem with Perl, which I had to install before.

sudo pkg install perl5.28-5.28.0

Thanks to the developer of the RawPreviewApp he has loaded an update today which solves the problem.

danb35

Hall of Famer
So perl5.28 is the only thing that needs to be added to the installation for this to work? Easy enough to fix; I'll update the script shortly. Edit: Done.

Last edited:

snorp

Dabbler
So perl5.28 is the only thing that needs to be added to the installation for this to work? Easy enough to fix; I'll update the script shortly. Edit: Done.
This is of course the best solution, so there is no need to take an additional step during installation!

Status
Not open for further replies.