I'm stumped-Newly repalced drive isn't available for replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyZero

Dabbler
Good day,
Ref: FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-x64 (10351)

I had another failed drive today and this is about the 6th time I've done a replace, normally everything goes off without a hitch. However, this time the system is behaving in an unusual manner that I don't know how to deal with. I have hot spares allocated to all the zpools, but none of them have ever worked and did a rebuild... that's an entirely different issue though.
After replacing the drive, I booted the system back up and when I click the replace button, there is no drive available to select in the web GUI.
Status shows as follows (after shutting down and inserting the new drive):

==========================
pool: zfs1
state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices could not be opened. Sufficient replicas exist for
the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-2Q
scrub: none requested
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
zfs1 DEGRADED 0 0 0
raidz2 DEGRADED 0 0 0
mfid8p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
mfid9p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
6462604849516127610 UNAVAIL 0 0 0 was /dev/mfid10p2
mfid10p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
mfid11p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
mfid12p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
mfid13p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
spares
mfid14p2 AVAIL
==============================

As you can see, I have a spare in there but can't figure out how to get it to work either... I thought it was supposed to automatically rebuild but it's sitting there like life is great and doing nothing. The new drive shows as "UNAVAIL" and lists the old id.

I've gone through all of my zpools (in the GUI) and listed the MFID numbers, I have MFID0P2 through MFID22P2. That is only 23 disks, and I have 24 installed in the box. I also looked in the controller BIOS and the new drive is listed there as online and healthy, but it appears that FreeNAS doesn't like it for some reason?
Can someone point me in the right direction here? I'd really appreciate any help that can be offered. I'm totally stumped as to what steps to take to resolve this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.