I'm looking for backup software that only sync changed files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyakinan

Dabbler
So, I want to backup my phone and laptop/pc to freenas. I want to be able to select what I want to backup, then do a full backup and after that only the files I changed.
My mobile has about 100gb in use as of right now (laptop and pc way more) and it's just not do-able to backup 100gb EVERY day.

Any recommendations or search terms that can get me going?

It doesn't matter if it costs money ( as long as it's worth it!)

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Edit: I see now, you have some other posts where you talk about your NAS, but we still don't know what operating system your other devices have or how you are able to connect to those devices.
--------
Do you already have a FreeNAS system or do you need to build one?
What operating system is running on the other devices you want to backup?
You have really provided us with very little to go on. You should look to this guide:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/updated-forum-rules-8-3-16.45124/

Last edited:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
If you have a Microsoft operating system, you can download this free tool:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155
It will allow you to sync between two folders. The initial sync gets everything and subsequent ones can get just the changes. I use it to sync just selected folders from my PC to my NAS. I don't want a full system image.

Keyakinan

Dabbler
wow you are right i totaly forgot about the specs.. my bad!

I use a Oneplus 6 so Android and 2 windows devices. Freenas 11.2 and that's already localy setup with a HP prioliant Gen8!
Definitely gonna check out SyncToy! thank you

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I use a Oneplus 6 so Android and 2 windows devices.
I have an Android phone also, but mine has nowhere near that much storage, and when I plug it to my computer by USB, it shows up as a folder. Once it is a folder, you can use SyncToy to do the copy and it will keep track of the differences so that only new or changed (it is configurable) items are copied.

Status
Not open for further replies.