I'm an idiot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I am preparing to move my FreeNAS from one box to another. I am attempting to dump all data from the NAS to a temp Linux box so I can test the FreeNAS drives again before deploying them.
Anyway, in my infinite wisdom, my dumb 4$$ did a chown nobody:nogroup on the full array (as well as a chmod 777 on the entire thing)... just to make it easier to transfer files (rather than dealing with single file permission issues)...

Anyway, in doing so, I've effectively stripped away the permissions of parts of my jails.. (specifically SABNZB, and transmission no longer have read/write permissions, or I screwed something else up)...
Short question long, what are the correct permissions and user/group for default SABNZB and Transmission (as well as Sonarr and MySQL). I haven't researched anything yet, figured I would reach out and ask, then research while I wait to see if anyone chimes in.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I want media:media or robert:robert... file permissions seem to be fine. MySQL jail is still jacked up (it crashes Kodi on other systems when trying to access)

Stux

MVP
Have you got any snapshots?

No... but I'm back up and running... the biggest problem was having jacked something up in my MySQL database when I changed permissions... I just deleted the jail, reinstalled... everything is running as it should...
and my wife hasn't murdered me for crippling the home entertainment...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.