I'm about ready to dump TrueNAS

Sparkey

Dabbler
I change network interface from a 1G to a 10G NIC and have opened up Pandora's Box. First I had to fight to re establish connectivity and once that was taken care of I find my Share doesn't work anymore. The remote computer can see the TrueNAS box but I get a "Network Path Not Found" error message.

I don't understand why TrueNAS doesn't allow anything unless you fight a decidedly user unfriendly interface. Why?

EDIT: I have 3 accounts. Only one works. The other 2 tell me "Username or Password Incorrect. This totally wrong and I have no idea what this even has to do with changing the NIC.

Also, I can access the box from Linux. Linux has always worked, all my problems have been with Windows SMB shares.

I'm going to try a little, if you never see me again you know what happened. :mad:

Last edited:

Whattteva

Wizard
Also, I can access the box from Linux. Linux has always worked, all my problems have been with Windows SMB shares.
This sentence does not make sense. SMB is just a protocol, it's not exclusive to Windows. Linux, Windows, and even Macs all can mount SMB shares.

When you mentioned that you can access it from Linux, it's an ambiguous statement. You're just saying your client is running Linux, but it says nothing about HOW you're accessing it (ie. the protocol you are using). Are you using SSH? SMB? NFSv3? NFSv4? SFTP? You need to be more specific and it'll be easier to figure out what your problem is.

You should also mention how you setup your dataset for the share. Is it using UNIX simple permissions or ACL's?