Idrive script on TrueNAS Scale Bluefin - package installation

GabrieleMax

Dabbler
Hi guys,

I found, before post this, another page about Idrive service https://www.truenas.com/community/t...lling-idrive-scripts-on-truenas-scale.106602/ but it didn't help me... :\

This https://ibb.co/nLNJvxS is the link about what I have, basically I should install needed packages, I'm a Debian user since years and years but I'm a newbie on TrueNAS Scale so I'd like to do the right steps or better I'd like to know which is the best way to load packages if apt aptitude and apt-get are not avalaible!

I also searched on the web to find something who could help me but... nothing!

Thanks for your assistance and have a nice day! :)

GabrieleMax

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The thread you linked to has the name of the image and links to the instructions for how to use the Launch Docker Image option... what's not helpful about that?

You're using an appliance and as stated in the linked thread, no packages should be installed directly on it, so containers are the answer.

GabrieleMax

Dabbler
The thread you linked to has the name of the image and links to the instructions for how to use the Launch Docker Image option... what's not helpful about that?

You're using an appliance and as stated in the linked thread, no packages should be installed directly on it, so containers are the answer.
Thanks for your reply but before it... I'm sorry for the stupid question, I wrote the question and at the same time the answer! LOL! o_O

I never user Docker and this is the good time to do it! :smile:

Now I should study it to understand:
1) When I'll reboot the NAS docker will be loaded? When I uses Jail in TrueNAS core I set it to automatically load at startup.
2) How I could set the backup for the entire pool? Maybe the IDrive scripts will help me or maybe I should manually mount it...

Regards.
GabrieleMax

sretalla