I have just done something really dumb

felthamn

Dabbler
Good evening,

I have managed to completely screw-up my piwigo jail (after stupidly trying to upgrade to PHP 73) and keep on getting a 502 bad gateway (nginx/1.20.1) error. What I would like to do is download the images that were stored in that jail. The name of this folder is upload and its location is /user/local/www/Piwigo/upload

What I would like to do is copy the upload folder to my local machine. I have tried using SCP but it does not want to work as I am unable access the jail directly? that is I have to SSH into truenas then iocage console..... to root into the jail.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do any any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What I would do is share out that directory according to the host via samba cifs, nfs, etc..

So create a share with appropriate permissions for a direcotry similar to this and this is a guess--yours WILL LIKELY VARY

/mnt/POOLNAME/iocage/jails/PIWIGO/root/usr/local/www/Piwigo/upload

This will be very close to your actual directory. choose the POOLNAME that your iocage jail info is in and your actual PIWIGO jailname. Then this share can be accesses same as any other and you can copy whatever from it to a local directory or whatnot.

\\HOSTNAME\newpiwigoshare or whatever you chose.

Apollo

Wizard
I recently upgraded a Nextcloud instance running in a jail and upon upgrading PHP to a more recent version (7.4 or 8.0) it caused similar issue as you. What I did to fix it was to uninstall the new PHP version and reinstall the old one.