I disconnected and reconnected a drive, now 3 of my drives has status removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nordtorp95

Cadet
I tried changing a drive, but when i unplugged it, the sata ports changed i think? what was ada3 before became ada4 and ada4 became ada5. Now my volume is unavailable because 3 of the disks have the status removed, even if all the original disks of the volume are connected.

Evertb1

Guru
My first advice to you would be to read the rules for the Forum. I am a member for some time now and I have come to know that there are a lot of very helpful people here. However, before they are able to help you they need to have some information from you. Like the specifications of your system and the specifics about your storage. And describe what you have done exactly. Did you just "brutally" disconnect the drive or did you start a replace procedure (only possible with a pool with redundancy)? You yourself will be your best help and that starts with giving sufficient information so the forum members can help you out.

By the way, if you did not so already: before you do anything to change your system, make sure that you safe your configuration by downloading it to a safe place.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I tried changing a drive, but when i unplugged it, the sata ports changed i think? what was ada3 before became ada4 and ada4 became ada5. Now my volume is unavailable because 3 of the disks have the status removed, even if all the original disks of the volume are connected.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand... Did you use a hot swap backplane? If the answer is "no", there's your problem. You cannot hot swap disks directly connected to a PSU power cable.

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Switching disks and getting a different ada number has zero impact on zfs. You did something else that broke things.

Read the rules and try providing good information.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.