I can see, and transfer of both my pools in FTP but I can only create dir in one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LML

Cadet
I use FTP to transfer files over to Freenas on my local network, dont hate it works for me. The issue is I can see both my pools when I login using the root user, I can transfer to both pools without issue but I can only make directories in one of them. Under the FTP settings it doesn't matter which pool I have selected I always get the same results. I would figure since I'm logging under root I should be able to do just about anything I want.

I'm running Freenas version 9.10.2-U4 and my side I'm using Win10 and FileZilla.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

LML

Cadet
I am using the built in FTP under Services. I had not seen that link but I will take a look at it. Not sure I know how to create a new datastore. Will that allow me to access the current pools that I have setup?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I have multiple pools on mine, and use the built-in FTP, and I can do everything. So I am at a loss so far. We'll get it resolved though---90% chance it's something stupid.

Let me know how you make out with the previously linked post.

LML

Cadet
So please bear with me as I'm new to FreeNAS. I setup a Dataset like the user in the link you posted but it seems to be the same settings as the ones that already exist and it just made a new folder in the dir tree. So now when I log into via FTP I have an extra folder under the Pool01 share, with the name of the dataset I just made.

Below is a screenshot of Pool01 (which I can't make dir for) and it is mirrored to how Pool02 (which I can make dir for). The only difference being is under "Group" write is checked and on Pool02 it is not. I didn't set it this way and I when I uncheck and save, it goes right back to how it was. I wasn't sure if I needed to change the Owner to FTP, but since they are both set to wheel I figured that couldn't be the issue.

TDQK8J8.png

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
OK, when you go to the "STORAGE"->"Volumes" tabs in the GUI, and you highly the root dataset of the pool (that's usually the second entry, you'll have the pool on the first line, and its root dataset on the next line with the same name), and click the little permissions on the bottom left that appears, who owns the root dataset? Compare with the other one.

LML

Cadet
Everything highlighted in yellow have all the same permission except /mnt/Pool01/Pool01 which has Write checked under the Group group.
NqkTp9A.png

Status
Not open for further replies.