I can´t add new disk to my freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrayl

Cadet
Hi, i´m having an issue trying to add a new disk to my freenas, the disk is detected in bios but I can´t see it on freenas web console.

Version: FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1

Both disk (the one that I installed first time I used freenas and the new one) are SATA.

Thanks

Milhouse

Guru
That's the version of the underlying FreeBSD operating system - the most important piece of information we need would be your FreeNAS Build (including whether it's i386 or AMD64/x64).

Judging by the FreeBSD version, you're not running the latest FreeNAS version (do you have 8.0.0-Release?)

I would suggest you upgrade to FreeNAS 8.0.1-Release which became available in the last few days. Also, ensure your BIOS is set to AHCI in the "Disk" section.

vrayl

Cadet
Wow that is a quick answer, thank you
I already upgrade the version of freenas (i386 by the way)
The disk is set up to AHCI in the disk section.

I think i know what´s the problem, navigating by the forum I find a post suggesting that the problem maybe is in the disk, i´m going to use diskpart in order to format it.

Thanks from Spain and i´m sorry for my english...

vrayl

Cadet
I tried to format the new HDD and still can´t add it, i wonder maybe i am doing something wrong, i´m trying to add the new disk in the option New volume inside my Freenas, is that correct?

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Vrayl,

i´m trying to add the new disk in the option New volume inside my Freenas, is that correct?

Yes. Were you using the disk for anything before, or was it new? What kind is it, and what is your motherboard and disk controller?

Thanks from Spain and i´m sorry for my english...

Your English is perfect. If you had said nothing, no one would have known.

Welcome to the forums, sorry you're already having trouble.

vrayl

Cadet
Thanks protosd for the welcome...

I recycle the disk, before i used it running a windows xp, but i already format the disk like i read on another post.

spawn27

Dabbler
excuse me if I take part in this discussion even if I'm not an expert, but my personal experience in recognizing disks in FreeNAS (Protosd kown very well) push me to suggest this: vrayl, have you try to connect the disks via USB and verify if they are visible in the web-console? if yes try to create the volume in that scenario and after shutdown connect the disks via SATA and verify that the volume is still working.
I made this experience with my disks and reported the resulnt in this thread --> http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?2546-HDD-Workaround

I hope this is helpfull

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.