HPE Microserver Gen10

rdl

Cadet
I'm thinking of upgrading my FreeNAS system to a Gen10 HPE Microserver because I feel that upgrading from version 9.10 on my current machine is a bad idea or more likely not possible. I don't actually have any good reason to upgrade because what I have now suits my purposes just fine. I guess I'm just wanting to build something new.

If anybody is using one of the G10s, any comments would be appreciated. If there is a reason or reasons why one of the G10s is a really bad choice let me know. I'm not committed to anything at this point. For alternative options, cost is somewhat important and I like the general form factor of the Microservers.

Also, I saw this while looking for reviews of the G10. Not sure yet what I think about it.

See this post for forum user comments on the Gen10+.

If you'd rather not wait on the Gen10+, a Gen8 with an Intel Xeon processor may be a better option than a Gen10 if you can still find it.

Last edited:

rdl

Cadet
I wasn't actually considering the +plus model, only the normal Gen10. My NAS sits on a table in the living room and the Gen8 is a bit too ugly for me to have in plain sight.

Maybe I'll just keep using what I have and increase the RAM before upgrading to the newest version of FreeNAS.

xames

Patron
I have microserver gen10 with TrueNas and i have so many problems due to thermal temperature, and i don't know why! all is properly installed, can TrueNas put my fans more fast? how