How to update Rclone?

nikinp

Contributor
Hi Freenasers
I'm told on the Rclone forums to update my rclone version on the Freenas.
Can anybody help on how I am supposed to do that?
Thank you

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

danb35

Hall of Famer
Can anybody help on how I am supposed to do that?
You can't, really--FreeNAS is an appliance. Put in a bug report and hope the devs will update it in the next release. You can download the binary and run it, but that won't get it working with the built-in cloud sync feature.

nikinp

Contributor
You can't, really--FreeNAS is an appliance. Put in a bug report and hope the devs will update it in the next release. You can download the binary and run it, but that won't get it working with the built-in cloud sync feature.

Hi Danb35 and Samuel
@danb35 - I've seen your posts all over these forums so thank you for taking the time to respond as well. I think you read my mind. I do indeed want to use rclone with MS OneDrive for built in cloud sync. I've been hunting around for how to do that. Do you know if someone has successfully used the inbuilt setup to get cloud sync to work with OneDrive? I dont want to bother going through the whole setup only to find its not possible until rclone configs within Freenas are updated etc.?
Thank you in advance

nikinp

Contributor
Hi Garm
I've followed the guide and I was struggling with getting the token and then the drive ID, but I think I got it and its seems to sync.
I've seen lots of other messages about credentials becoming old, but I think that may havebeen in an older free nas version. I am on 11.2.U7 so hopefully this will be all ok