How to troubleshoot SCALE - Nextcloud App Performance

pvuchetich

Dabbler
Is there a reference for how to troubleshoot performance issues with TrueNAS SCALE + Nextcloud?
I have used TrueNAS CORE for a long time, and finally trying out TrueNAS SCALE, and have not used Docker other than on the desktop to test applications.
It seems that something is "stuck", but I don't know where to look.

I installed TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.2, and Nextcloud 26.0.1_1.6.25 according to the guide (note - after first install attempt didn't work, chose to NOT include ffmpeg per commentary on TrueNAS Discord discussion)

Symptom: When connecting to Nextcloud from other computers on the LAN, using a timer on my phone, it took over 3 minutes to switch from "files" to "dashboard", and similar time to switch to photos, and over a minute to open one of the default photos. There is no delay when interacting with the TrueNAS SCALE UI.

The hardware is a fresh bare metal install on an older development-level machine: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 @ 3.60GHz (4 cores), 128 GB RAM, mirrored 240 GB SATA SSD pool for TrueNAS, mirrored 240 GB SATA SSD for data.

The readily accessible performance measures are all low - CPU usage < 10% (average load of 0.29, max of 1.38), only 6 GB RAM used (note - new install, so ZFS cache has only used a little so far), and disk usage looks low - about 20 tps when running iostat from the shell, and 300 KB/sec written per SCALE reporting UI. Almost no read activity on the disk (nearly 100% ZFS ARC hits).

The SCALE-Nextcloud App logs aren't flooded with messages or obvious errors- the postgresql log ends with "LOG: database system is ready to accept connections".
The nextcloud log looks mostly automatic healthchecks and limited activity from my logins slowly scrolling.

This is the point I am stuck - is there a reference of where to look for performance issues in the app? The fact that it takes (literally) minutes suggests that something is failing and timing out, but I don't know where specifically to look due to inexperience with SCALE + Docker and Nextcloud.

pvuchetich

Dabbler
Update - Using the Nextcloud Admin account, I disabled everything under the "App bundles", but left the rest of the "active apps" alone. The user experience immediately improved to essentially "immediately" when switching between files/photos/activity apps (the only 3 remaining on the top menu). I do not yet know which app was the troublemaker, but this points to a misbehaving app that is probably hitting a timeout failure of some sort. Therefore this appears to be more likely a Nextcloud config error than a SCALE/Docker error. I'll check on the Nextcloud forums, log files, or enable one app at a time.

rokyo

Dabbler
I have exactly the same problem:

TrueNAS Scale 22.12
NextCloud 26

For me, disabling Collabora Online App inside NextCloud fixed the performance issues. As soon as I re-enable it, everything take 5 minutes to load again...