How to transfer settings from Version 9.10.2 to version 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mucip

Dabbler
Hi,
I've got FreeNAS 9.10.2-U5. I have already saved settings db. But I got problem in FreeNAS box now and FreeNAS version is 11.1 now?!... :(

Is there any problem If I fresh install 11.1 and upload settings db of version 9.10.2?!...

What do you suggest please?...

Regards,
Mucip:)

anderstn

Dabbler
Will this also load encrypted ZFS volumes?

NB: I'm only asking cause the documentation under loading an existing configuration states:
  1. If any volumes are encrypted, make sure that you have set the passphrase and have a copy of the encryption key and the latest recovery key. After the upgrade is complete, use the instructions in Importing an Encrypted Pool to import the encrypted volume.

Mucip

Dabbler
Will this also load encrypted ZFS volumes?

NB: I'm only asking cause the documentation under loading an existing configuration states:
  1. If any volumes are encrypted, make sure that you have set the passphrase and have a copy of the encryption key and the latest recovery key. After the upgrade is complete, use the instructions in Importing an Encrypted Pool to import the encrypted volume.
Hi,
I just fresh install the same (old) version on the machine and upload old config file.
Everything perfect... ;)

Regards,

anderstn

Dabbler
According to the documentation the backup file for the settings should be forward compatible. I'm guessing that means it will work for 11.1 as well as 9.x :)

NB: Did you use encryption Mucip?

anderstn

Dabbler
Just a quick update. Tried uploading the old config to 11.1-U4. It bricked consistently as it was reading from the memory stick afterwards. Guess I just have to go through and recover my volumes and virtual machines manually :(

Mucip

Dabbler
According to the documentation the backup file for the settings should be forward compatible. I'm guessing that means it will work for 11.1 as well as 9.x :)

NB: Did you use encryption Mucip?

Dear Anderstn,
No. I don't use encryition.
What is your config file version and which version loaded on the FreeNAS box now?...

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.