how to recover from USB boot drive failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW

Cadet
pretty new guy here...
The USB stick I had the boot file of FreeNAS died. I didn't have a backup,,, yeah, I know. I will be mirroring after this, but that's next.

I have reinstalled FreeNAS, it is up and running, I am able to log into FreeNas via the web interface. I have 5 sata drives, all 2 tb. I read several posts, but never found one that matches my level of stupid. I found reference in this forum, as well as the Guide to system -> auto Import Volume, but when I go into system, I do not see the auto import option.

At any rate, I did go into storage -> volumes -> import volume, and after a few minutes of working on it, it found, and now lists, the volumes that were on my RAID (it was ZFS). But, I want to be absolutely sure I don't do anything from here that will delete the info on those volumes, so can someone tell me what I need to do to set up FreeNAS so that I can access the data on those disks?
I assume I need to re-set up users, do they need to be exactly the same as they were before?
Is there anything in System that I need to do?
I just want to be careful to not setup or make/change any settings that will destroy, or make impossible to access, my data, which thankfully looks like it is still in tact.
Thanks in advance!!!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I assume I need to re-set up users, do they need to be exactly the same as they were before?
If not, you'll have to redo permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.