SOLVED How to join an Active Directory with a non Administrator Account?

Finnn

Cadet
Goal: I want to have a setup of FreeNAS joining my Active Directory without an AD Administrator account.

I use a fresh installation of FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1 and an AD 2008-R2. When I use an Active Directory Administrator Account I can join FreeNAS to our AD. I see my Users, Groups and authentication is working.

I tried this how-to for joining a fresh installation of FreeNAS (not joined before) without administrator privileges . I followed it and when I enter my new user and the belonging password and clicking on save I see this Failure Message in the GUI: "{'desc': 'Invalid credentials', 'info': '80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090400, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db1'}" (it does not make a difference if new or old gui).

Any ideas?

Finn

Finnn

Cadet
I solved the problem. I deleted the old VM disks, started a new fresh installation and this time everything worked as described in the linked How-to. Maybe I forgot to delete the old disks last time I done a fresh installation. But now FreeNAS joined the domain as expected with dedicated user.