[How-to] Install Asterisk 13 in a FreeNAS 9.3 Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatterlight

Explorer
Where are the asterisk config files are stored? -> answer /usr/local/etc/asterisk , not like linux /etc/asterisk

@DaveF81
The dependency with libiconv seems to be fixed. pkg reported that libiconv is already installed in the newest version.

flatterlight

Last edited:

DaveF81

Explorer
I'm not surprised it's not longer available. The GUI has been deprecated for a while now. If you want a GUI, then you either have to use AsteriskNOW or FreePBX and install it on it's own machine. You can continue to use Asterisk in a jail, just learn to modify the configuration by hand.

Edit: I have updated the how-to to reflect that the GUI for Asterisk 1.8 has been deprecated.

Last edited:

DaveF81

Explorer
Updated the post. Removed details for Asterisk 1.8, should really be using Asterisk 13 and FreeNAS 9.3 by now. :)

DaveF81

Explorer
@DaveF81
The dependency with libiconv seems to be fixed. pkg reported that libiconv is already installed in the newest version.
Thanks for the heads up, I ran though the install process again and this is correct. Updated how-to to reflect this.

RichTJ99

Patron
Just curious about FreePBX running in a Virtualbox VM on Freenas - any downside to doing it that way? I would need the GUI & am running freepbx on a box in my basement. I would LOVE to get it running in a VM as I am on a quest to lower my electric bill & dump some older computers.

Hisma

Explorer
Run it in a VirtualBox VM and be done with it. I've been doing this nearly a year with no issues.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

RichTJ99

Patron
I currently have a physical Freepbx box with a Digium FXO module on a PCI express card. I am in the process of swapping my analog lines over to Flow Rate & am planning on going all digital. Any suggestions on how to move the data on the physical machine to a VM?

My usage is minor - 5 telephone lines, 20 or so Cisco SPA phones, no voicemail at all, just dialing & extensions for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.