How to get plex plugins installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3RadMan

Explorer
I'm trying to get a couple plugins to help my plex server scanning. Specifically Absolute Series Scanner and Hama Bundle. I saw this, but it didn't really help me. It's simply a plex media server running via freenas, all I can see are the folders I created which hold the media. How do I get into the folders to instal these plugins?

Need to find [...]/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server
and agent data folder (assuming in plex folder)

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
In the GUI go to your jail and click the Shell icon at the bottom. Then you will have a Shell into that jail. After that you can install anything you need.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Th3RadMan

Explorer
I got to the shell... But I have no idea what to code, I have folders with the plugins, I just need to get to the "hidden" folders on the server, I'm assuming going through my network on my main rig typing in the ip

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I got to the shell... But I have no idea what to code, I have folders with the plugins, I just need to get to the "hidden" folders on the server, I'm assuming going through my network on my main rig typing in the ip
There is no code, you just navigate through the directories like you would in Windows. You just type instead of click. I don't know how to install Plex plugins so I can't help more but learning to use the command line is a great skill to have and worthy of some effort.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Th3RadMan

Explorer
Hmmm, cant seem to get it open, guess I'll go through some other sources see if I can find why I can'r get to the folders I need to access

Th3RadMan

Explorer
I've gotten closer. I input /var/db/plexdata, but I'm getting permission denied... How do I get through that?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.