How long must I have my posts subject to moderator approval?

unseen

Contributor
I opened my account here in 2017 when I built my freenas server.

I know I don't have that many posts, but it annoys me that after all this time with no evidence that I'm a spammer, I still have to wait for moderator approval, even when replying to comments to posts that I have made.

When will I be trusted enough not to need moderator actions to post? Some clarity regarding this rule would be much appreciated!

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Your account fell among all of those whose owners had not used them in a considerable amount of time, and so they were put into another group until finally used again. There was suspicion that numerous pre-made accounts sit unused until the spammers choose to reclaim them or that possibly (less chance IMHO) they succeed to gain access to other unused accounts like yours. It was impossible to determine which or why any account became unused, the time criteria: 6 months (180 days) since last login.

You are now removed from that group so everything should be as you expect.

Last edited:

unseen

Contributor
Many thanks.

marshalleq

Explorer
Oh sweet - I was beginning to think nobody liked me too. It's the longest playpen I've ever been in - 5 years now!

If I may, can I springboard from @unseen and gain any necessary confirmations I have no purposeful ill intent?! :D

Thanks,

Marshalleq

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Not a problem. Bulk methods were used to identify those who hadn't visited (logged in) for more than 6 months and recently (prior mention here) to remove users who had been, the last time by similar criteria. Some may miss the search due to some reason I cannot determine but such a post makes it easy to catch. I can adjust individuals as needed besides periodic bulk methods. Unfortunately there is no automated way to remove a user from a group, it seems to only be additive, and I prefer not to edit multiple users with specific permissions apart from any group membership.

HeloJunkie

Patron
Can I as well likewise be removed from the ill intent group?

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Recent changes:
Anyone who had ever made enough posts to qualify for better forum level (registered+) are all removed from the abandoned group. Those who have not made a solitary post, or failed to reach registered+ remain in the group.