Resource icon

High Speed Networking Tuning to maximize your 10G, 25G, 40G networks

specter9mm

Dabbler
Ok, same result swapping both out to cisco gbics, tops out at 7.1 no re transmits.
FYI: lspci lists the adapter as Intel Corporation 82599ES, it is an HPE server adapter.
I have also tried swapping between all 5 congestion protocols, matching them on each box, and all 5 yield the same results.
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_available_congestion_control
reno cubic dctcp bic htcp

Last edited:

ChrisRJ

Wizard
Yep, that's why I went direct interface to interface, the re transmits only happen through the switch.
So it seems that the switch is the cause. Or did I completely misunderstand something?

specter9mm

Dabbler
So it seems that the switch is the cause. Or did I completely misunderstand something?
Forget the switch, direct interface to interface I can only get 7.1Gbps, no switch in between. To eliminate the switch as an issue, I am going direct from a 10Gbps sfp on one to the 10Gbps sfp on the other. At this point I have tried both finisar and cisco gbics with no appreciable difference. Still capping out at 7.1.

specter9mm

Dabbler
:facepalms:
Would anyone like to guess what PCIe v2 with 2 lanes caps out at for bandwidth.
:facepalms:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-23 015811.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-23 015811.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 47

ChrisRJ

Wizard
Would anyone like to guess what PCIe v2 with 2 lanes caps out at for bandwidth.
Well, there is a reason why the forum rules ask people to provide details about hardware. :wink:

specter9mm

Dabbler
Well, there is a reason why the forum rules ask people to provide details about hardware. :wink:l
lol, I will take my whoopin'. Thanks for letting me bounce ideas against the thread while I figured this out though. Been frustrating me for *months*.